UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2020: UPPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus 2020 and UPPSC PCS Mains Syllabus 2020 is discussed here, verify UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern 2020 with exam scheme in below page. The UP PCS Exam Syllabus 2020 have the subject wise and total marks of the question paper. To qualify in the UPPSC PCS written exam, every candidate need to refer complete syllabus details from here. The given UPPSC PCS Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2020 are important cover all the topic wise and use the UPPSC PCS Mains Syllabus 2020 from below page to get pass in the test. Get UPPSC PCS Books and Study Materials PDF along with the Syllabus information. Keep visiting freshersexams.com to know the UPPSC PCS Recruitment 2020 latest updates from official announcement.
|Name of the Board||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)|
|Job Role||Sub Registrar, Labour Enforcement Officer, District Audit Officer Senior Lecturer, and other|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Number Of Vacant posts||364 posts|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Examination, Mains Test and Personality Test|
|Job Category||UP State Govt Jobs|
|Name of the category||Previous Papers|
|Work Location||Uttar Pradesh|
|Similar Jobs||State Govt Jobs|
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2020
UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2020 & Exam Pattern 2020 are discussed here, Check UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern @ www.uppsc.up.nic.in. UPPSC PCS Mains Syllabus & UPPSC PCS Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2020 has given. Remember candidates here on this page we have provided the direct UPPSC PCS Syllabus & Test Pattern 2020 Download Links. The official of UPPSC PCS Recruitment has released UPPSC PCS Syllabus for Written Exam. Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission has issued the Latest UPPSC PCS Syllabus 2020 PDF. UPPSC PCS Pre Syllabus 2020 Latest Update Exam Pattern Selection Process are given. The UPPSC is released the PCS Written Exam notification, all the applied candidates who have to use the given study materials & books for complete the preparation.
- Physics & Veterinary Science
- Sociology International Relations
- Animal Husbandry
- Political Science
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- English Lit
- Urdu Lit
- Hindi Lit
- Sanskrit Lit
- Commerce & Accountancy
- Public Administration
- Medical Science
Exam Syllabus : Exam Syllabus for UPPSC Provincial Civil Service written Exam is given below:-
Pre Exam Syllabus
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution , Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
Current events of national and international Importance:- On Current Events of National and International Importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
History of India & Indian National Movement:- In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
India and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.:- In Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation.
General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
General Science:- Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
Note:- Candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above subjects with special reference to Uttar Pradesh.
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks); Duration:Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics upto Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry and Statistics.
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integrs and their interrelationship.
(iii) Ratio and proportion
(v) Profit and Loss
(vi) Simple and Compound interests
(vii) Work and Time.
(viii) Speed, Time and Distance
(i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
(ii) Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
(i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
(ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
(4) Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, comulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode.
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
(2) Active Voice and Passive Voice.
(3) Parts of Speech.
(4) Transformation of Sentences.
(5) Direct and Indirect Speech.
(6) Punctuation and Spellings.
(7) Words Meanings.
(8) Vocabulary & usage.
(9) Idioms and Phrases.
(10) Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
(1) हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
(2) शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
(4) संधि, समास,
(6) अनेकार्थी शब्द,
(7) विलोम शब्द,
(8) पर्यायवाची शब्द,
(9) मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
(10) तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
(13) हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
(14) उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
Mains Exam Syllabus
There will be three sections in the question paper of Essay. Candidates will have to select one topic from each section and they are required to write essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of essay will be based on following sphere :
Section A : (1) Literature and Culture. (2) Social sphere. (3) Political sphere.
Section B : (1) Science, Environment and Technology. (2) Economic Sphere (3) Agriculture, Industry and Trade.
Section C : (1) National and International Events. (2) Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought etc.
(3) National Development programmes and projects.
- Question answer from Unseen passage
- Government and Semi-government letter, telegram, official orders, notification, circular writing
- Knowledge of words and uses.
- Uses of Prefix and Suffix.
- One word substitution.
- Spelling and Sentence correction.
- Idioms and Phrases.
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER- I
- History of Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern
- Modern Indian history (from D.1757 to A.D. 1947): Significant events, personalities and issues, etc.
- The Freedom Struggle- its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country (till 1965A D.).
- History of the world will include events from 18 century to middle of the 20 century such as French revolution of 1789, industrial revolution, World Wars, redraw of national boundaries, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism etc-their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their effects on economy, polity and social structure
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism
- Distribution of major natural resources of World- Water, Soils, Forests in reference to South and South-East Asia with special reference to India. Factors responsible for the location of industries (with special reference to India).
- Salient features of Physical Geography- Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, Cyclone, Ocean Currents, winds and
- Oceanic resources of India and their
- Human migration-refugee problem of the World with focus on India.
- Frontiers and boundaries with reference to Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements- Types and Patterns, Urbanization, Smart Cities and Smart Villages.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh – History, Culture, Art, Architecture, Festival, Folk-Dance, Literature, Regional Languages, Heritage, Social Customs and Tourism.
- Specific knowledge of U.P.- Geography- Human and Natural Resources, Climate, Soils, Forest, Wild-Life, Mines and Minerals, Sources of Irrigation.
GENERAL STUDIES, PAPER – II
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basis structure, Role of Supreme Court in evolution of basic provisions of
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States: issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre- State financial
- Separation of powers, dispute redressal mechanisms and Emergence and use of alternative dispute redressal mechanisms.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other major democratic
- Parliament and State legislatures- structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers and privileges and concerned
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary: Ministries and Departments of the Government, Pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity. Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- Salient features of the Reperesentation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, Powers, functions and their
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies including NITI Aayog, their features and
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design, implementation and Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Development processes- the role of Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger, their implication on body
- Important aspects of Transparency and accountability, e-governance applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential, citizens, charters and institutional measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a democracy in the context of emerging
- India and its relationship with neighbouring
- Bilateral, Regional and Global groupings and agreements involving India and/ or affecting India’s
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests- Indian
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their structure, mandate and
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh regarding Political, Administrative, Revenue and Judicial
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National and International importance.
- Economic planning in India, objectives and achievements. Role of NITI Aayog, Pursuit of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
- Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive growth.
- Components of Government Budgets and Financial System.
- Major Crops, Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems, storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce, e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices, Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, Limitations, revamping, issues of buffer stocks and food security, Technology missions in agriculture.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Science and Technology-developments and applications in everyday life and in National Security, India’s Science and Technology policy.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology, in digenization of technology. Developments of New technologies, transfer of technology, dual and critical use technologies.
- Awareness in the fields of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Space Technology, Computers, Energy resources, nano- technology, microbiology, bio-technology. Issues relating to intellectual property rights (IPR), and digital rights.
- Environmental security and Ecosystems, Conservation of Wild life, Biodiversity, Environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment,
- Disaster as a Non-traditional security and safety challenge, disaster mitigation and management.
- Challenges of International Security: Issues of Nuclear proliferation, Causes and spread of extremism, Communication networks, role of media and social networking, Basics of cyber security, money laundering and human trafficking.
- India’s internal security challenges: Terrorism, corruption, insurgency and organized crimes.
- Role, kind and mandate of security forces, Higher defense organizations in India18- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy:- Overview of UP Economy: State Budgets. Importance of Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure and physical resources. Human Resources and Skill development. Government Programmes and Welfare Schemes.
- Issues in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order and Civil Defence with special reference to U.P.
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human action, dimensions of ethics, ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values-lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators, role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: Content, structure, function, its influence and relation with thought and behavior, moral and political attitudes, social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public services, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional Intelligence- concept and dimensions, its utility and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil Service values and ethics in Public Administration: status and problems, ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions, laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance, accountability and ethical governance, strengthening of moral values in governance, ethical issues in international relations and funding, corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: concept of public service, philosophical basis of governance and probity, information sharing and transparency in government. Right to Information, codes of ethics, codes of conduct, citizen’s charter, work culture, quality of service delivery, utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case studies on above issues.
UPPSC PCS Prelims & Mains Exam Pattern 2020
We have given various links of UPPSC PCS Recruitment 2020 in below page. Use the links to open the question papers and attend the exam by yourself. Mostly the UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern are given in Multiple Choice Questions – Descriptive Type, so already answers given applicants need to choose the right answers. Just understand the questions and start comparing all the answers, based on the difference the correct answer will predict by the aspirants from their UPPSC PCS Exam Pattern preparation level. Soon start your preparation from here and end with the selection list from the result announcement. Keep rocking your studies to achieve your aims with your unlimited knowledge.
PRELIMS EXAM PATTERN
|S.NO||Exam Type||Subjects Name||Number Of Marks||Number Of Questions||Time Duration|
|1.||Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions||General Studies||200 Marks||100-150 Questions||2 Hours|
|2.||CSAT (Aptitude Test)|
UP PCS EXAM PATTERN 2020 for MAINS
|1.||General Hindi||150||03:00 hours|
|3.||General Studies-I||200|| |
UPPSC PCS Education Qualification & Age Limit
To apply for this UPPSC PCS Recruitment, candidate should qualified in Bachelor/Master Degree with recognized board or university. The minimum age of 25 to maximum age of 35 years are prescribed by the official board to shortlist the eligible candidates for apply to this State Government Recruitment 2020.
UPPSC PCS Document / Certificate Verification
Bringing much cheer to candidates, who have passed the UPPSC PCS exam and plan to get the exam verify their qualification certificates before attending job interviews, an official release has stated that from now onwards candidates can avail the service online instead of spending valuable time at government offices. A candidate who has applied to the Commission on a previous occasion should produce the required documents even though they might have produced the same on a previous occasion and were returned to him. The Original Certificates in support of the claims made in the on-line application, should be produced at the time of the Certificate Verification – Oral Test or when called for by the Commission. One set of xerox copies of all certificates along with a copy of photograph identical to the one that was submitted in the application, should also be handed over while attending the Certificate Verification – Oral Test.
Aadhaar Card/ Printout of E-Aadhaar,
Voter ID Card,
ID Card issued by University/ College/ School,
Employer ID Card (Govt./ PSU),
Ex-serviceman Discharge Book issued by Ministry of Defence.
Any other photo bearing valid ID card issued by the Central/ State Government.
UPPSC PCS Previous Old Question Papers & Study Books, Preparation Materials
The Previous Year Papers are available here. Contenders can easily download the UPPSC PCS Last 10 Years Question Papers in English & Hindi. Stepwise procedure for downloading the UPPSC PCS Previous Year Question Paper for written examination is granted below. UPPSC PCS Previous year Question Papers for 2018,2017,2016, 2015 and 2014 available in PDF free download below. The books are important for everyone to cover all the subjects wise syllabus topic, based on the official announcement, we have collected the book name with author name listed in below page. Aspirants are suggest to use the given Books and Study Materials for know the brief explanation for every chapter to deep preparation and get qualify in the upcoming written exam. The depth study helps to candidates to improve the understanding level and secure the maximum marks in the test.
The best time to study is in the morning itself. So, make sure you have got enough sleep at night so that you can get up early and cover what’s important.
Candidate should start to plan properly and create a suitable timetable to study.
Allocate time to learn new topics as this means learning everything.
After completing all the topics in the given syllabus, candidates are needing to revise all the prepared chapters to get remember with the help of keynote for avoiding confusion at the official exam commencement.
Learn the easy one along with one difficult topic.
No extra time will be allotted to you, in case you shall not be able to complete the entire paper. So, make sure you will have to complete within the allotted time.
Group study is use full to crack any written examination. Candidates are required to know the full syllabus of the exam.
Get update the syllabus and exam pattern to cover the complete details of the exam marking scheme and topics. Lastly, keep your motivation level high and don’t compare with anyone.
The exam is the first stage of the examination conducts for all the applied students. We enlisted the pointwise preparation steps to qualify in the written exam.
The exam commenced for a certain time allotted by the authority, candidates are should complete the exam within the given period. So, candidates are advised to make a practice to manage time by using old question papers.